A 'Swenglish' journey through family photos, notes and postcards
from the early 20th century.

2024-07-27

On the Water - Sepia Saturday 734

I found this old postcard just recently when going through a box of letters and drawings sent from me to my grandmother in my childhood. It struck me as a good match for this Sepia Saturday.

The card was written by me to my grandma Sally when I was 10 years old. 'Lyckorna' was a seaside resort near Ljungskile on the west coast of Sweden, some 30+ min drive from where we were living back then. 




(13/8 1965) Yesterday we went to 'Lyckorna' at Ljungskile to bathe. I picked a lot of sea shells, but forgot to take them home. It was lovely in the water, and I only saw two jellyfish. The sea bed was nice and sandy. It was low tide and very hot. I must go now. Greetings to Grandpa and Max*. Monica.

(*Max was my grandparents' dog)


Linking to Sepia Saturday 734



3 comments:

  1. well done...love the picture of the two bathers with newspaper over their heads...what an interesting tan they would have got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect choice and you had pretty good printing for a 10 year old - also a nice use of words to describe things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! A perfect match! It's always fun to find your own childhood letters and cards that were saved by family relations. Recently I have been clearing up my inherited ephemera and came across similar cards that I had sent to my grandparents over the years. It's a bit like hearing an echo of your own voice that you don't recognize because of the strange delay.

    ReplyDelete