A 'Swenglish' journey through family photos, notes and postcards
from the early 20th century.

2021-11-02

G.057.02 - G.058.03 Happy New Year 1913

 



Längjum Storegården d. 1:1-13 (1.1.1913)
Godt nytt år önskas Eder! E Osbeck
Happy New Year to you! E Osbeck

I recall another recent card in the album signed E Obk, that must be the same person. I think the first name may have been Ernst, but I don't know where I got that from. (Possibly from hearing the name mentioned some time in the past; but I'm not sure.) The card being written from the same address as it's addressed to makes me wonder if he was a friend temporarily staying with them, or maybe a farmhand living there? 

Gott Nytt År - Happy New Year


Tillönskar fam. Ekman (Norrköping 31.12.1912)
(from Gustaf's brother Oscar & family)




Gott nytt år 1913! Tillönskas av Sally, Hildur o Nils
Happy New Year 1913! from Sally, Hildur & Nils

This card was (presumably) written by my grandmother Sally (born in February 1900, so soon to turn 13). Nils was her  brother, 1½ years younger. Hildur (20) was half-sister to Sally and Nils on their mother's side; and step-sister to Gustaf. 



Anonymous card, sent to Gustaf at Storegården in 1912.




[Chicago, March 1912]
Best Wishes for  a happy Easter from a friend


No comments:

Post a Comment